Set Up Service
If you need setting up service with us, follow these steps:
- Have your future address handy.
- Be prepared to tell the representative that answers your call when you would like to turn on your service.
- Call us at 1-800-521-6144, Monday through Friday, between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm.
- Please call at least two (2) days before you would like the new service turned on. While in most cases we can have your service on in a day or two, in extreme situations, it may take up to five (5) days, as allowed by the Public Service Commission.
We charge a $200 deposit on new residential accounts. We can waive your deposit if you meet one of the following conditions:
- If you have a letter of credit from your current electric company.
- If you have an acceptable credit score.
- If a current Ozarks Electric member will sign a Guarantor Letter for you indicating that they would be willing to pay up to $200 if you leave our lines with an outstanding bill.
If you wish to visit one of our offices to turn on service, please fill out the above application for faster processing.