Building a new home can be a stressful process. With local offices throughout the area to serve your needs, we hope to make that process as easy as possible. By building in our service territory, we hope you will enjoy being a part of an electric cooperative owned by you.
To bring electric service to your new construction, please follow these steps.
- Call our offices at 1-800-521-6144 as soon as possible.
- When applying for service, be prepared to give us the 911 address for your new location (required for Washington County residents, but recommended for all applying for service), a daytime phone number where you can easily be contacted, the name and address of the closest neighbor if known, and pay any deposits needed.
- After applying for service, you will receive a call from the staker in your area within five business days to discuss your job.
- After the staker assesses your job, there may be easements to obtain or additional payments to be made before we can send your job to the construction department. We cannot give estimates on the cost of construction until the staker has evaluated your job.
- Once your job is sent to the construction department, it usually takes five to six weeks to complete the job.
Please make sure to call us at 1-800-521-6144 as soon as possible to start the process.